Gin Box: Edition 1
What’s in the box?
○ A full bottle of craft gin. Quaker Gin is our Edition 1 pick.
○ Two bottles of perfectly paired mixers. Our mixologists have chosen Merchant’s Heart Hibiscus Tonic.
○ Snacks from artisan brands and producers who put passion into their products. Belazu produce fantastic products for the best restaurants and hotels in the country, and their Socca Nut Mix is no different, you’ll receive two bags of these. You’ll also receive 2 packs of luxury hand-cooked Yorkshire Crisps.
○ Our great find is Quinteassentials Cleanse Tea.
○ A recipe card from one of the UK’s leading chefs to pair with your drink. This edition it’s Jason Atherton.
○ A cocktail card from our resident mixologists.
○ A 100-page copy of Savour Magazine, featuring more recipes.
○ A copy of KANPAi – perfect for drink makers and enthusiasts.
One 70cl bottle of Quaker Gin bursting with big citrus notes.
Hints of lemon, orange and grapefruit hit the nose and signal the start of a great tasting gin.
The citrus is followed by a smooth taste of sweet summer fruits and there are also hints of cherry, blackcurrant and strawberry undertones, delivering a natural tasting sweetness to the gin.
Quaker Gin is a London dry gin with a northern twist. A bold tasting gin, it packs a punch at 43% abv.
Two bottles of Merchant’s Heart Hibiscus Tonic (200ml).
Merchant’s Heart make spirit enhancers. Every flavour in the collection is designed to perfectly complement premium spirits, and elevate drink-making and drinking to a whole new level of enjoyment.
Our Taste Club masters of mixology have perfectly paired Quaker Gin with the Hibiscus Spirit Enhancer. It has a balance of fruity and citrus-forward flavours within the mix providing a wonderful contrasting flavour profile.
The core citrus of lemon and lime is complemented by a soft hint of hibiscus flowers. The hibiscus is also supported with a touch of pear that rounds out the flavour and brings a little more body to it.
Belazu are big on flavour. Most Michelin-starred restaurants or five-star hotels will roast their own nuts in house for consistency. By working in small batches, Belazu give the consistently excellent standard that chefs are looking for – and their nut mixes can be found in celebrity chef venues.
You’ll find two packets of their Socca nut mix in your box. Plus, two packs of luxury Yorkshire Crisps, which are all cooked by hand.
The Recipe Card
Get ready for cocktail o’clock. The recipe card in the box features our perfect serving suggestion. Flip it over and you’ll also find an easy-to-make snack recipe from one of the UK’s top chefs.
The snack recipes won’t take you any longer than 20 minutes to make. They’re tried and tested, quick, fuss-free and super delicious.
Everyone loves a surprise and our great finds are always something that have blown us away. In every edition of the box, you’ll receive a great find – something we love that we want you to try too.
From award-winning unique teas and healthy blends from a London tea sommelier to biscuits that pair with a G&T, we’ll bring you the most exciting products in food and drink so you can tuck into them, too. Some will even be brand new and exclusive to Taste Club members.
And There’s More …
Every edition we will also be teaming up with Savour Magazine – the UK”s best food, drink and travel magazine. Tuck into tasty features from chefs, restaurateurs, mixologists and food producers and make even more food and drink recipes at home.